Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Mystery Passenger???


OK. So bear in mind that I live in the country . . . and there are all kinds of critters and varmints out here.  And that's just exactly where I like 'em to stay - OUT here.  Not IN here . . . as in my car!!!  So as I'm toodlin' down the highway on my way to an appointment this afternoon . . . . . I suddenly hear a soft "bump" sound coming from a bag on the car's floor beside me.  Huh?!?!?!  Then I hear "rustle, rustle, rustle" . . . . and I'm thinkin' it is SOOOOO not cool to freak out at 65 MPH!!!  I'm thinkin' snake???  Mouse??? Or - heaven forbid - RAT???  Actually mostly what I was thinkin' was "for heaven's sake DON'T RUN OFF THE ROAD!!!"  And also "Please, whatever-you-are, don't bite me!!"  It was an interesting trip to say the least!  When I got to my destination - I veeeerrrrryyy carefully went through the umbrella and 3 bags that were sitting on the floor there . . . and little "Mystery Passenger" was nooooowhere to be found!  Good?  Maybe NOT so good!! 

One appointment and several miles drive back home . . . and the little "Mystery Passenger" has still not been found . . . although I did hear loud rustling by my car door on the way home!!

Oh, the unexpected "joys" of country livin'!!  (she says sarcastically!)

2 comments:

  1. Did you ever figure out what critter was lurking in the car?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for asking! Nope - still haven't found out what it was - perhaps it found it's way back out, I hope! But if I ever do - will let ya know here!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Heirloom Seeds